Resume of Ronnie Roller
P.O. Box 559
Kirkland, WA 98083-9998
- Object-Oriented Programming with C#, Java, and VB.NET
- Development, debugging, and unit testing with Visual Studio and Eclipse
- Developing applications leveraging ADO.NET, LINQ to SQL, Entity Framework 4, and the Microsoft Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block
- Parsing, querying, scraping, and transforming XML, HTML, and JSON
- Primary editors are Visual Studio 2010, Eclipse, Vim, notepad++
- Microsoft SQL Server: Normalization, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Rules, Views, Indexes
- Creating mobile web applications for iPhone and Android devices
- Fully fluent in developing cross-browser applications that follow web standards and deliver a rich user experience
- Developed in the past with C, C++, VBA, VB6, and classic ASP
- Comfortable with managing and using both Microsoft Windows and Linux Systems (Windows Server 2003/2008, Ubuntu, Fedora, Redhat)
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing DNS, IIS, SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, Qmail, FTP
- Worked with and developed for ESRI GIS products such as ArcMap, ArcView, ArcIMS, MapObjects, and ArcInfo
- Built interactive web-based GIS mapping applications using ArcIMS and MSSQL Server
Working on low latency, high performance, redundant software for handling billions of requests in a strategic unit within Amazon.
Developed middle-tier applications and front-end systems that handled financial B2B transactions through the exchange of XML messages between an EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) used by the majority of the largest 50 banks in the U.S.
Main role includes .NET development in C#, VB.NET and MS SQL Server. Projects include developing an ASP.NET content management system, lead developer for an ASP.NET web application for project management that facilitates managers through the project life cycle for 1000’s of projects, searchable web-based GIS mapping systems, a coral reef photograph analysis application, along with other applications and GIS projects.
Developed and maintained company website for fast, searchable data of landowners backed by SQL Server. Created and maintained parcel maps from subdivision maps and deeds using Arc/Info software. Created scripts using ARC macro Language.
Developed an ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) / VS 2008 / MS SQL 2005 application for financial institutions to monitor a sales pipeline and track referrals for products and tasks. The application uses jQuery/JSON for a dynamic and interactive UX, data retrieval and posting. The application includes active directory authentication and reporting to Excel.
Worked with a team to develop an ASP.NET 2.0 / VS 2005 / MS SQL 2005 student assessment software application for Texas school districts. The application allows district administrators, campus administrators, and teachers to view and report all state and district assessments for their students. The application is currently deployed in 250+ districts statewide with over 25,000 users.
Designed and coded a .NET 2.0 desktop and ASP.NET application for petrochemical plants. The application allows the management staff the ability to provide documentation to OSHA and EPA that their employees have been trained and tested for the jobs and tasks they are assigned. The application also provides a management and documentation trail for OSHA and EPA to detail that certain action items have been resolved. The application is currently deployed in over 5 locations.
ViewText extracts article content from web pages, text from PDF’s, and reformats RSS feeds to include the full article text for each RSS feed item. The idea spawned from the frustration of viewing overly complex web pages on mobile phones. To counter this, I created ViewText and a simple API for third party sites to pull the main content from web pages and display it in an easily readable format.
iHackerNews is a mobile version of Y Combinator's Hacker News. It was created to address deficiencies in Hacker News when viewed on mobile devices. For this, I scrape the HTML from Hacker News, extract the relevant pieces, and optimize it for mobile phones, specifically iPhone and Android devices. Data is cached to prevent unnecessary requests. For actions that require user authentication, I retrieve the user’s authentication token by proxying credentials between the client device to my server, then from my server to Hacker News, and finally retrieve the authentication token from the issued cookie. The authentication token is then sent along with HTTP requests when voting or commenting on the site.
ToadJaw is a bookmarking service that indexes, tags, archives, and displays your bookmarks. Its main purpose is to store content you wish to keep and make that content easily findable, even if the content is removed from the original source. ToadJaw is built on ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, and Lucene. It's currently in active development and in closed beta.
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Mining
- Advanced Algorithms
- Automata Theory
- Computer Vision
- Advanced Operating Systems